Food & Beverages
UV Disinfection of Liquids in Food & Beverage Production
Major food and beverage producers around the world use UV disinfection to provide micro-biologically pure water and ingredients, which help protect the flavour and shelf life of their products. Food and beverage producers build their reputation around the purity of the product, emphasising the fact that it is natural. UV disinfection is favoured by food and beverage producers worldwide because it doesn't adulterate the flavour of the end product.
Outbreaks of water-borne pathogens can place food and beverage producers at high risk of damaging product recalls and product liability exposure. In addition, UV disinfection effectively extends the shelf life of the end product, providing huge cost savings for producers.
Advantages of Using UV Disinfection in Food & Beverage Production
Ultraviolet disinfection is the most cost effective method of water disinfection and process water treatment, it is superior to alternatives, it's safe and has no detrimental effects.
Ultraviolet Disinfection is the Most Efficient
- No micro-organisms survive ultraviolet disinfection
- UV water treatment and process water treatment is effectively monitored in Hanovia UV systems
- Permanent, accurate ultraviolet disinfection records are produced, so all batches can be traced, which is ideal for ISO9000 etc
- Ultraviolet disinfection is the most cost effective method of water disinfection
Superior to Alternatives
- Chlorine is often unacceptable because of flavour effects
- Sterile filtration does not remove all the spores from the water
- Ultraviolet disinfection is the most environmentally friendly way to reduce the number of viable organisms, without causing further pollution.
No Detrimental Effects
- UV disinfection has no effect on pH, colour, flavour or aroma
- UV disinfection has no detrimental effect on product stability
- UV disinfection leaves no residue
- WIth UV disinfection overdosing is not possible
- With UV disinfection no hazardous chemicals are required
- With UV disinfection no toxic by-products are produced
Watch the Video About Performance Qualified UV Disinfection Systems (see below)