UV Disinfection of Water Used in Nutraceutical Manufacturing
UV technology is used in nutraceutical manufacturing for water sterilisation as well as the removal of chlorine and ozone from process waters. Whilst pathogens can be resistance to chlorine and other treatments, its physically impossible for them to adapt to UV light. If you get the UV system design right, no organism is immune. Nutraceutical manufacturing relies on sterile conditions, and ultraviolet energy is routinely used for chemical-free water sterilisation, as well as chlorine and ozone removal in process water.
Hanovia UV available with 3rd party validation for guaranteed disinfection of process water without compromise!
Advantages of UV for Water Sterilisation
Leading nutraceutical manufacturers around the world rely on UV systems to sterilise everything from production lines and packaging facilities to water intakes and header tanks.
Most efficient Water Sterilisation
- UV disinfection is effective against all known microorganisms including spores, yeasts, moulds, algae and protozoa.
- Continuous monitoring of germicidal UV intensity
- Long term operation with minimal maintenance
- Hanovia UV systems link easily to process controllers and computers
- Permanent, accurate, treatment records are produced and are ideal for ISO9000 series.
Water Sterilisation that is Superior to Alternative Technologies
- UV disinfection is less capital intensive, and has lower running costs than other disinfection methods
- A photolysis unit will also provide disinfection
- Hanovia UV systems are fully automated with fail safe capability
- UV disinfection systems are effective in high temperature water and compatible with sterilants including steam
- Purified water to the highest possible standards as demanded by regulatory bodies such as FDA, and quality procedures including Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP)
- UV has developed as the preferred technology for the destruction of impurities and treatment of residues.
Water Sterilisation with No Detrimental Effects
- UV disinfection has no detrimental effect on product stability
- UV disinfection leaves no unwanted residues, odours, colour or taint
- Overdosing is not possible with UV disinfection
Watch the Video About Hanovia Performance Qualified Systems (see below)