UV Disinfection of Water Used In Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
UV technology is used in pharmaceutical manufacturing to meet ultrapure water requirements. UV treatment is used to not only disinfect water, it is also used for deozonation and removing chlorine from process waters to meet the highest standards of ultrapure water. Whilst pathogens can be resistant to chlorine and other treatments, it's physically impossible for them to adapt to UV light. If you get the UV system design right, no organism is immune. Pharma manufacturing relies on sterile conditions, and ultraviolet energy is routinely used for chemical-free ultrapure water, as well as chlorine removal and deozonation in process water.
Leading pharmaceutical manufacturers around the world rely on UV systems for ultrapure water for production lines, packaging facilities, water intakes and header tanks.
Hanovia UV available with 3rd party validation for guaranteed disinfection of process water without compromise!
UV Disinfection Is The Most efficient treatment for Ultrapure Water
- UV disinfection is ideal for ultrapure water as it is effective against all known microorganisms including spores, yeasts, moulds, algae and protozoa
- Continuous monitoring of germicidal UV intensity
- Long term operation with minimal maintenance
- Hanovia UV systems link easily to process controllers and computers
- Permanent, accurate, treatment records are produced and are ideal for ISO9000 series
UV Disinfection is Superior for Ultrapure Water
- UV disinfection is less capital intensive, and has lower running costs than other disinfection methods
- A photolysis unit will also provide disinfection (proven effectiveness in photolysis of chlorine, ozone, and Total Organic Carbon (TOC)
- Hanovia UV systems are fully automated with fail safe capability
- UV disinfection systems are effective in high temperature water compatible with sterilants including steam
- Ideal for ultrapure water of the highest possible standards, and as demanded by regulatory bodies such as FDA, and quality procedures including Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP)
- UV has developed as the preferred technology for the destruction of impurities and treatment of residues in ultrapure water
Ultrapure Water with No Detrimental Effects
- UV disinfection has no detrimental effect on product stability
- UV disinfection leaves no unwanted residues, odours, colour or taint
- Overdosing is not possible with UV disinfection