Commercial Swimming Pools
UV Treatment of Commercial Swimming Pool Water
UV treatment is now a well-established method for treating commercial swimming pool water, from hydrotherapy pools to indoor full-sized competition pools. UV treatment is not only highly effective at destroying chlorine-resistant microorganisms like Cryptosporidium and Giardia, it improves your bather’s enjoyment by destroying chloramines and delivering visibly clearer water, minimising red eye, stinging eyes and skin irritation.
A UV disinfection system for swimming pool water that deactivates all known pathogens and destroys chloramines. Options available for all size pools and all budgets Just Released: Swimline UVEO from Hanovia, gives you all the advantages of UV disinfection with 60% less power costs, and significantly reduced pool operational costs.
Advantages of UV Treatment of Commercial Swimming Pool Water
Swimming pool UV systems work in two ways, the primary action is to kill bacteria, viruses, moulds and their spores, drastically reducing the risk of infection to bathers. Pool UV systems also have an important secondary action; they initiate photochemical and photo-oxidation reactions which destroy chloramines, the compounds responsible for unpleasant smells in pools.
- Visibly clearer water, reduced odours, minimised red eye, stinging eyes and skin irritation
- Prevents structural damage caused by chlorine by-products.
- UV treatment leaves no additives, no smell and no active pathogens in swimming pools
- UV treatment is highly effective at destroying chlorine-resistant microorganisms like Cryptosporidium and Giardia
- Effective reduction of Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- UV treatment of pool water is a brilliant way to improve existing pool treatment systems, lowering costs and delivering higher performance
- UV treatment destroys combined chlorines (chloramines) in swimming pools
- Pool owners add dramatically less chlorine to the pool water, which means less dilution, less waste and noticeably purer water
- UV treatment treats full recirculating flow
- No chemicals are required by the UV treatment systems
- UV treatment is simply a cleaner technology, with water bathers love